Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Celebrating

Now that my thesis defense and Jean's LC exam are both behind us, we can enjoy these summer days more freely. On Tuesday, Mom and I braved the heat and went down to Cook St. Village, where we found these very funky and retro chairs for Mom's living room. They're very comfortable and I love the orange wool upholstery.


Yesterday was much more temperate (a mere 25 degrees!) and Mom and I had a lovely al fresco dinner: smoked salmon with buttermilk-dill bread and two salads. Brownies and cherries for dessert...yum! We were only sad that Jean wasn't feeling well enough to join us.


Mom surprised me with this great oil painting in honour of completing my thesis. It's by Grant Leier who, along with Nixie Barton, has an amazing gallery up in Yellow Point. The painting will make a fun addition to our office walls.


No comments: