Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


As Joni Mitchell famously sings, "We can't return, we can only look behind from where we came and go round and round and round in the circle game." Both my mom and my son were born under the Chinese zodiac sign of tiger-metal, a combination that occurs once every 60 years. I was born in the exact middle of this cycle and also have metal as my element (though I'm a monkey!). Apparently, "metals" are success-driven, unwavering in their efforts and undeterred by setbacks or hardships. They have the strength and energy to bring about the changes they desire. They are self-reliant but can be highly inflexible, stubborn and unreasonable. I'll let those who know Mom and me form their own judgement about the accuracy of this description!

We love you Grandma!

1 comment:

H.Ladybug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.